Treat Yourself to a Yoga & Wellness Retreat in Tuscany, Italy
Tuscan Retreats and Settled Yoga have teamed up to provide you with an unforgettable yoga retreat and travel holiday in Italy. On your Tuscan holiday, we give you a European yoga retreat style experience with daily yoga and evening meditations with Maria Johnson as your instructor in the most beautiful and unforgettable locations.
On your Tuscan holiday, relax in the medieval charm of Villa Torrepietro, secluded and tucked quietly away in the natural vistas of the Italian countryside.
Our wellness retreats feature Manhattan based physiologist, Janet Nelson M.S. A.C.S.M. and Director of the Settled Yoga School, Maria Johnson, E-RYT 500, RPYT, YACEP, as your hosts.
Together they offer clients the benefits of combining the science of physiology with traditional yoga techniques.
Participants can look forward to exploring the treasures of Florence and amazing local foods and wines in an area rich in history and art.
Our yoga retreat welcomes all levels of experience in all seasons of life.
We believe that the opportunity to travel, body harmony and inner-peace should be available to everyone.
Rooms are booked on a twin share basis with one triple occupancy room, so bring your family and friends!
Highlights Included in booking price
- 7-nights accommodations at Villa Torrepietro with a range of room options and prices available
- Daily morning and evening yoga classes offered in the medieval tower CA. 1242, by Maria Johnson, E-RYT 500, your yoga instructor and history enthusiast on your trip
- The villa and medieval tower are set inside a private five-acre estate, with formal gardens, patios and stone walking paths lined with statuary; located twenty minutes from Florence.
- Light breakfasts of classical Italian fare
- Healthy Italian buffet-style lunch
- One on-site Tuscan cooking class and wine tasting by celebrated local chef. Dinner is provided on the night of the on-site Tuscan cooking class ONLY. All other evenings you are free to cook onsite or explore restaurants in Florence or Pratolino.
- From the estate, it is around 1.5-2 kilometers to the charming village of Pratolino to enjoy cafes, restaurants at the piazza, historical landmarks and shopping. You are responsible for your own transportation outside of booked excursions.
- Sunset nibbles and prosecco
Optional Excursions Add-Ons Guided by Tuscan Retreats
5 star Adler Thermae Spa Excursion with included Massage and Historical Tour
- The Adler Spa Day Package includes:
- Full access to the thermal waters, saunas and steam areas of the luxurious Adler Spa
- One 50 minute massage* | *Does NOT include gratuity for spa services.
- Relaxing Soak in Salt Grotto bath
- Walking tour of Bango Vignoni, this is a UNESCO Historical Site
- Access to Adler Fitness classes
- Price based on market – 2018 $250
Tuscan Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch & Wine or Olive Tasting
Cycle through the beautiful Tuscan countryside starting from the early morning empty streets of Florence. This 35km (19miles) bike tour, led by local guide, will pass through the quilted countryside to a Renaissance Villa for a farmhouse Italian lunch, pass by the house of Galileo and stop for a breath taking view of Florence from the Piazzale Michelangelo as we return to Florence.
What You Can Expect
- Rolling landscape suitable for those in moderate physical condition
- Cycling is not extremely difficult but challenging. Relaxed pace.
- Unforgettable views over splend olive groves, vineyards and Florence.
- 21 speed bike, helmet and water bottle.
- Delicious home cooked lunch at a private Tuscan Farmhouse
- Wine Tasting or Olive Oil Tasting
- Local cycling guide accompanied by Tuscan Yoga Retreat guide
- Transportation from Villa Torrepietro to/from Florence
- Depart – Return Villa Torrepietro 8:30AM – 4:30PM
- The early departure requires missing the morning yoga class at the Villa.
**MINIMUM (2 – 4 ) PERSONS $165
- Fair Weather dependent activity
Walking Tour of Historic Fiesole
Highlights of the trip include:
- Piazza Mino – Fiesole’s large main square.
- Etruscan Walls -on Via delle Mure Etrusche
- Convento di San Francesco – Amazing views.
- Monte Ceceri – 2.5k nature hike in the park of Leonardo da Vinci’s flight experiments.
- *Includes r/t transportation from Villa Torrepietro
- *Includes all entrance fees to Museums and Archaeological site.
- *Includes Tuscan Yoga Retreat Guide
- **Minimum (4) persons, request pricing for less than (4) persons.